The Raymarine AIS250 Receiver module is a “listen only” AIS receiver that easily integrates with an existing VHF antenna using a built in VHF splitter. The AIS250 then interfaces to Raymarine multifunction displays, allowing AIS targets to be graphically overlaid in both the chartplotter and radar modes.
Operating in the VHF maritime band, the AIS system enables the wireless exchange of navigation status between vessels and shore-side traffic monitoring centers. Commercial ships, ocean going vessels and other boats equipped with AIS transmitters broadcast AIS messages that include the vessel’s name, course, speed, and current navigation status.
- Monitoring of class A and B AIS broadcasts
- Overlay AIS targets on Raymarine multifunction displays in both chartplotter
and radar modes
- AIS target tracking enhances your situational awareness by monitoring a target’s name, course, speed, and navigation status
- Reconcile AIS targets with radar targets for added safety
- Built-in VHF/FM antenna splitter. No additional antenna required
- Two NMEA 0183 inputs (1 @38,400 and 1 @ 4800 bps)
- Two NMEA 0183 output ports (1 @38,400 and 1 @ 4800 bps)
- Built-in multiplexer enables multifunction displays to receive both AIS data and one other NMEA 0183 data source through a single port.
avoidance and enhance
Overlay AIS targets
in radar and chartplotter modes
AIS250 System Requirements
- VHF Antenna
- Chartplotter, Multifunction display or PC application with NMEA 0183 input and AIS compatibility
Raymarine Multifunction Displays Requirements
- A-Series (A50/A50D, A57/A57D, A70/A70D)
- C-Series Classic (C70, C80, C120) software version 3.18 or higher*
- C-Series Widescreen (C90W, C120W, C140W)
- E-Series software version 3.22 or higher*
*Software updates for your multifunction display can be obtained for free via download (compact flash card required)